Friday, November 18, 2005

Ok I'll bite: Why are the Republicans voting FOR the Murtha resolution?

UPDATE: This was a procedural vote - it just goes to show that even if you understand something about Congress, you practically have to have a degree in political science to understand what they do on a day-to-day basis.

Today I'm feeling like I'm suddenly too dumb to understand the news. First, I read several stories about the latest weirdness in the Plamegate story.

So I actually left the safe confines of my Tivo to go to live TV to see what the cable news networks were saying about it. I ended up on C-SPAN where the House was debating the Republican-modified Murtha resolution.

So what's my question, you ask? Why am I watching C-SPAN on a Friday night? No, that's not it. I don't understand why the Republicans are voting FOR the resolution that supports immediate troop withdrawal? Either there's some obvious reason I'm completely missing, or the world has tilted off its axis. Someone please explain!