Saturday, May 20, 2006

Report: Iran to force Jews to wear yellow badges?!? (updated)

UPDATE: At the moment (Sunday, May 21), it looks like the story is bogus. I certainly hope so.

Every time I think I've sunk to a new low of cynicism, something comes along to prove me wrong. This time, it's the Naz... I mean the Iranians.

It seems the Iranian parliament has allegedly approved a law that would require all members of other religions to wear colored badges -- yellow for Jews, red for Christians, and blue for Zoroastrians. Well, the Muslims did start the practice in the first place.

The Iranians are denying the report so far, but representatives from the U.S., Canada, and Australia have already addressed the issue.

On this one, everyone has to get together. To be honest, I've been having a hard time getting motivated to write my state representatives about opposition to the Bush administration's policies because both of our Senators are Democrats and our one Congressman is a pretty moderate Republican. But on this issue, I have written to all three.

If the report is true, then I am convinced we invaded the wrong country.